Written By: Michele, The Green-Mother
The fall is one of my favorite seasons. With the leaves changing colors and the days getting shorter it gives me the urge to bake! Banana bread is one of my family’s favorite treat. This treat will always bring a smile to Nathaniel’s sweet face.
This bread is an excellent choice considering all of the health benefits mentioned below.
Important facts concerning the banana:
– The banana is Native to the Caribbean.
– They are rich in potassium and magnesium.
– They assist in strengthening the stomach lining.
– They are good for soothing indigestion.
– They help the stomach lining to produce a thicker mucus barrier to protect against stomach acids.
– They contain compounds called protease inhibitors. This can help reduce bacteria in the stomach that have been shown to promote ulcers.
Source of information: http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/RCP00190/Banana-Bread.html
Follow the link below to get this great recipe that was written by Dr. Weil.
Category: Do It Yourself