Written By: Michelle, The Green-Mother
Since the birth of my eldest son I switched over from commercial brand shampoos to natural ones. I made this decision to avoid harsh chemicals and irritants. It was important that I not expose my family to toxins. Natural shampoos can be very expensive, so I recently found a homemade shampoo recipe, and it is very simple to make. This is great way to avoid harsh chemicals and be frugal all at the same time!
Recipe for Homemade Shampoo
(This is a recipe for normal hair)
- 1/4 cup distilled water
- 1/4 cup liquid Castile Soap – I use lavender scented. You can also use unscented Castile Soap and scent it as desired with your favorite oils. If you are using oils, add a few drops at a time and scent as desired.
- 1/2 teaspoon of light vegetable oil.
- Add all of the ingredients in a bottle and shake.
- You will notice that it will be very foamy at first. Don’t worry, it will settle into a liquid in a few minutes.
- Use up within six months. Considering there are no preservatives, it will not last as long as a product that does contains them.
Level of Difficulty
– very easy
A simple way to go green and remain on a budget."/>
Category: Do It Yourself