The Benefits Of Using Unbleached Coffee Filters
Written By: Michelle, The Green-Mother
During a recent trip to my local grocery store, I discovered coffee filters that were made from 100% natural beige paper. For as long as I can remember, I have been purchasing bleached, white coffee filters. I had no idea of the dangers hidden behind these. From now on, I will only be purchasing natural beige, unbleached coffee filters. By using these natural filters, I am reducing my exposure to environmentally harmful chemicals.
What is an unbleached coffee filter?
- It is a paper filter that has not been bleached white.
Why is it harmful to my health to use bleached, white coffee filters?
- Bleached white coffee filters make use of chlorine during their manufacturing procedure. By doing this, coffee filters remain a pearly white.
- Using chlorine is harmful to the environment and to my health.
-Using these alone can result in a lifetime exposure to dioxin. Dioxin is a poisonous toxin that is released from the chlorine used in it.
What are the benefits of using unbleached coffee filters?
- By using them, you are reducing pollution in the environment.
- Unbleached coffee filters have a smaller carbon footprint on the environment in comparison to the manufacturing process of the traditional ones.
- Unbleached coffee filters are made from renewable and sustainable resources. This is better for the environment.
- Unbleached coffee filters contain no artificial fibers.
- Unbleached coffee filters will not affect the taste of your coffee the way white bleached coffee filters can.
This important discovery has changed my whole perspective concerning my coffee drinking experiences. From now on, I will only be purchasing 100% percent unbleached coffee filters.